Question: Does nuclear fisson create heat, light, or sounds?
Answer: Nuclear fission produces electromagnetic radiation which is what we consider light. If you mean light in the visible spectrum it depends on what kind of fission is taking place. In almost all cases there would be electromagnetic radiation in the visible spectrum. It also produces kinetic energy due to the release of protons and whatever the heavier element decays into. This kinetic energy is what we consider heat and this could lead to sounds depending on the environment the fission is taking place in.
Other questions related to nuclear energy:
- Is fission and fusion energy renewable?
- What runs off nuclear energy?
- What is nuclear energy and how does it work?
- What are the sources of energy in nuclear fission and fusion?
- What are the processes of nuclear fission to be controlled to release energy safely?
- What are examples of nuclear energy?
- Does nuclear fisson create heat, light, or sounds?