Question: How does a tidal energy generator produce electricity?
Answer: The principles behind tidal power generators are the same for all electrical generators. The exception is that tides are used to spin the turbine which in turn rotates the magnets within copper wiring which produces an electrical charge in the same way other electrical generators work. All forms of hydrodynamic (water flow) electricity convert mechanical motion into electricity in the same way as this.
Other questions related to tidal energy:
- How much electricity does tidal power generate?
- How efficient is tidal power?
- Does tidal power slow earth rotations?
- How does a tidal energy generator produce electricity?
- How does a tidal power station generate electricity?
- Is tidal power energy widely accepted in today’s society?
- What is the tidal power resource?
- What are the disadvantages of tidal energy?