Question: How efficient is the pelamis wave energy converter?
Answer: From the manufacturer’s website it is stated that the Pelamis generator efficiency is 70% “wave to wire.” However it should be noted that this was in a test environment and they state that actual efficiency should be higher with larger waves and higher pressure operation. Additionally the Pelamis is designed to be optimized to the environment allowing maximal efficiency when seas are calmer and less efficiency but more mechanical safety in rough seas so actual efficiency fluctuates with conditions.
Other questions related to wave energy:
- How does wave power generate electricity from a floating object?
- How does water work as a renewable energy resource?
- How does hydrodynamic power work?
- Where does wave power work well?
- What is the difference between wave power sources?
- How does the pelamis wave power work?
- What are the pros and cons of pelamis generators?
- How efficient is the pelamis wave energy converter?
- How efficient is wave power?