Question: How is biodiesel converted to energy?
Answer: The most common use of biodiesel is as a fuel to run a diesel engine. This process involves the combustion of biodiesel to produce mechanical energy that is use to drive a motor to run a car or other machinery. Biodiesel works in the same way that fossil fuel based diesel works and in most cases any diesel engine will run on biodiesel, though some of the engine’s gauges may need to be adjusted in order to function properly.
Other questions related to biological energy:
- How does biomass ethanol work?
- How is biodiesel converted to energy?
- How does a biofuel turbine work?
- What is biofuel and how does it work?
- What are the 5th generation biofuels?
- What are some disadvantages to third generation biofuels?