Question: How is energy created from plastics?
Answer: The most common way that plastic is used to produce energy is a process called pyrolysis which is the incineration of organic compounds in the absence of oxygen. This produces a gas that can be oxidized to generate heat and steam to drive turbines which will generate electricity. There are a wide variety of emerging technologies for converting plastics into energy but the vast majority rely on this process at least in some way.
Other questions related to misc energy:
- How many amps can a bike produce?
- How much does a electricity generating bike cost?
- How is energy created from plastics?
- How does a stirling generator work?
- Is crude oil a renewable energy resource?
- Ways to power a generator with weights?
- Where to buy bicycle powered water pump?
- What type of waste can be converted to energy?
- What are the disadvantages of using human power?
- What plans are there for the future of renewable energy sources?
- What is solid waste made up of?
- What are the renewable energy resources?
- What is butanol fuel?
- What kind of energy is used on a bicycle?