Question: How much electricity does tidal power generate?
Answer: The amount of electricity produced by tidal power depends entirely on the size of the tidal power station. Other factors such as the difference in height between low and high tides or if the area is semidiurnal (two high and two low tides per day) or diurnal (one high and low tide per day). In terms of megawatts produced by tidal power stations amounts vary greatly. One example is the Kislaya Guba tidal power station which produced 0.4MW when built all the way up to a 1,320 MW barrage proposed by the Korean government with construction scheduled to start in 2017. So, as you can see electricity production varies by a large amount depending entirely on the scale of the tidal power barrage.
Other questions related to tidal energy:
- How much electricity does tidal power generate?
- How efficient is tidal power?
- Does tidal power slow earth rotations?
- How does a tidal energy generator produce electricity?
- How does a tidal power station generate electricity?
- Is tidal power energy widely accepted in today’s society?
- What is the tidal power resource?
- What are the disadvantages of tidal energy?