Question: How much money does renewable resources save?
Answer: Global annual consumption of energy is currently 131666667000000 kilowatt hours per year with around 85% currently coming from fossil fuels which are notoriously inefficient (around 30% efficiency). Renewable energy sources on the other hand like wind, tidal, etc are around 80% efficiency. Using a cost of $0.12 per kilowatt hour which is the average in the US and with the US being the largest energy consumer we can make a very rough estimate of $1.6 trillion dollars a year spent on energy with 80% coming from fossil fuels amounts to around $1.3 trillion spent on fossil fuel energy. Assuming a 3 fold increase in energy efficiency by switching from these conventional energy sources to renewable sources (30% to 80% efficiency switch) gives us a new cost of $500 billlion compared to $1.3 trillion as a result of switching all conventional energy to renewable energy. So, around $800 billion in savings globally. I’m sure you’re aware all of this is incredibly roughly estimated but it should give you a good idea just how much money could be saved by switching. You also need to take into account though that renewable energy resources like tidal power have much higher initial investment costs than coal power plants and so savings might not be realized until years later and thus would end up costing more in the short term.
Other questions related to misc energy:
- How much money does renewable resources save?
- How many amps can a bike produce?
- How much does a electricity generating bike cost?
- How is energy created from plastics?
- How does a stirling generator work?
- Is crude oil a renewable energy resource?
- Ways to power a generator with weights?
- Where to buy bicycle powered water pump?
- What type of waste can be converted to energy?
- What are the disadvantages of using human power?
- What plans are there for the future of renewable energy sources?
- What is solid waste made up of?
- What are the renewable energy resources?
- What is butanol fuel?
- What kind of energy is used on a bicycle?
- Can oxygen be a renewable energy resource?
- How can you build a homemade oven?
- Is hydrogen fuel a renewable resource?
- How much electricity is produced by piezoelectric generators?