Question: Is hydrogen fuel a renewable resource?
Answer: Hydrogen fuel can be a renewable resource when it is produced using specific methods. Biomass undergoing pyrolysis (essentially combustion with limited oxygen) can produce hydrogen under specific conditioning. Certain algae deprived of sulfur will instead produce hydrogen. Also hydrogen can be produced from water using electricity. If this electricity comes from a renewable source using photovoltaics, wind turbines, etc the resulting hydrogen is a renewable resource.
It’s important to remember that all of these processes use water which has to be recreated. Hydrogen and Oxygen won’t simply become water if put together. Some amount of energy is required to break the bonds from H2 and O2 to H2O and O. This happens through various sources such as lightning.
Other questions related to misc energy:
- How much money does renewable resources save?
- How many amps can a bike produce?
- How much does a electricity generating bike cost?
- How is energy created from plastics?
- How does a stirling generator work?
- Is crude oil a renewable energy resource?
- Ways to power a generator with weights?
- Where to buy bicycle powered water pump?
- What type of waste can be converted to energy?
- What are the disadvantages of using human power?
- What plans are there for the future of renewable energy sources?
- What is solid waste made up of?
- What are the renewable energy resources?
- What is butanol fuel?
- What kind of energy is used on a bicycle?
- Can oxygen be a renewable energy resource?
- How can you build a homemade oven?
- Is hydrogen fuel a renewable resource?
- How much electricity is produced by piezoelectric generators?