Question: What are the advantages of using human power?
Answer: Primarily the advantage of using human power is the efficincy of muscles. Our bodies are much better at converting calories to energy than converting those calories to biofuels. Ethanol, butanol, syngas, methane, wood, and other biofuels and biomass can’t compete but they can be used without humans being present which is the main disadvantage of human energy. Additionally using human power is a cleaner energy source if the food source is being produced sustainably without the use of oil for pesticides and fertilizers or mono crops which deplete arable agricultural land which is how biofuel crops are produced.
Other questions related to misc energy:
- How much money does renewable resources save?
- How many amps can a bike produce?
- How much does a electricity generating bike cost?
- How is energy created from plastics?
- How does a stirling generator work?
- Is crude oil a renewable energy resource?
- Ways to power a generator with weights?
- Where to buy bicycle powered water pump?
- What type of waste can be converted to energy?
- What are the disadvantages of using human power?
- What plans are there for the future of renewable energy sources?
- What is solid waste made up of?
- What are the renewable energy resources?
- What is butanol fuel?
- What kind of energy is used on a bicycle?
- Can oxygen be a renewable energy resource?
- How can you build a homemade oven?
- Is hydrogen fuel a renewable resource?
- How much electricity is produced by piezoelectric generators?