Question: What is an example of hydroelectric energy?
Answer:The most common example of hydroelectric energy is dams. Dams take energy from the downhill flow of water in a river by diverting the flow into turbines that convert the energy into mechanical energy (motion) which is used to produce electrical power. for example, the Hoover dam in the United States produces over four billion kWh of energy in a year.
Other questions related to hydroelectric energy:
- How does gravity hydropower work?
- How does a dam work?
- Will hydroelectric power save money?
- What kind of power output does hydroelectric power produce?
- What is the wasted energy for hydroelectric energy?
- What is an example of hydroelectric energy?
- What does a wicket gate do in a hydro dam?