Question: What is the difference between wave power sources?
Answer: The two major wave power sources are power bouys and pelamis wave energy. The former is essentially a floating bouy that is anchored and utilizes the mechanical motion of the bobbing to drive electrical generator. Pelamis wave energy comes from what amounts to a floating mechanical snake where the joints are flexed by waves which drives hydraulic pumps to power hydraulic motors connected to electrical generators.
Other questions related to wave energy:
- How does wave power generate electricity from a floating object?
- How does water work as a renewable energy resource?
- How does hydrodynamic power work?
- Where does wave power work well?
- What is the difference between wave power sources?
- How does the pelamis wave power work?