Question: What is the scope of renewable enery sources in india?
Answer: In 2008 India was the 7th largest producer of hydroelectric power generating 114 TWh. India is one of the countries with the greatest potential for hydroelectric energy generation and takes advantage of that. India is also the 5th largest in terms of installed wind power capacity at 13,065 MW with an additional 6,000 MW installation planned by 2012. Photovoltaic use in India has been minimal but several projects have been commissioned in 2011 including a 30 MW solar farm in Patan, Gujarat. There is a large biofuels market in India based around the cultivation and processing of Jatropha seeds, mainly this is used for the production of biodiesel. In 2008 the Indian Government created the National Biofuel Policy centered around 20% of diesel fuels being biodiesel. Very little is done using geothermal energy despite India having many suitable development sites, some small geothermal power generation facilities exist.Currently no utility scale wave power generation is taking place but many companies and small communities are making use of it. In January, 2011 it was announced that the first commercial scale tidal power station would be built in Gujarat, India which would be Asia’s first.
Other questions related to misc energy:
- How much money does renewable resources save?
- How many amps can a bike produce?
- How much does a electricity generating bike cost?
- How is energy created from plastics?
- How does a stirling generator work?
- Is crude oil a renewable energy resource?
- Ways to power a generator with weights?
- Where to buy bicycle powered water pump?
- What type of waste can be converted to energy?
- What are the disadvantages of using human power?
- What plans are there for the future of renewable energy sources?
- What is solid waste made up of?
- What are the renewable energy resources?
- What is butanol fuel?
- What kind of energy is used on a bicycle?
- Can oxygen be a renewable energy resource?
- How can you build a homemade oven?
- Is hydrogen fuel a renewable resource?
- How much electricity is produced by piezoelectric generators?