Question: What is the tidal power resource?
Answer: It’s interesting because this touches on the current state of physics and science in general. Tides are caused by the gravitational pull of the Moon and to some extent the Sun. So, the resource being used by tidal power is essentially gravity. However, no one really understands what causes gravity because scientists have been unable to locate the gravity particle (graviton) they theorize must exist. Essentially gravity has a major obvious impact on our universe but we haven’t been able to point to a specific cause of the gravity.
Other questions related to tidal energy:
- How much electricity does tidal power generate?
- How efficient is tidal power?
- Does tidal power slow earth rotations?
- How does a tidal energy generator produce electricity?
- How does a tidal power station generate electricity?
- Is tidal power energy widely accepted in today’s society?
- What is the tidal power resource?
- What are the disadvantages of tidal energy?